What you need to make entries to be saved in your online account:
- Fuel receipts showing the gallons purchased and the jurisdiction(s) in which purchased
- The miles driven in a jurisdiction (to instantly purchase and install a state-by-state mileage and route calculator, see this link and double-check your mileage before, or while doing your IFTA.)
Using Your Switchboard Page:
- Fill out your company basic info in the “Company Info” tab and click save
- Click the “Trucks” tab and the “Add Truck Button” to add a new truck number
- Also use the “Trucks” tab to get individual truck reports or deactivate a truck that you may have sold.
- Click the “Summary” tab to view previous returns, or click “New Return” to begin a new one. Make sure to identify the quarter and year correctly when beginning a new return. You will be taken to the premium calculator now where you can add fuel and/or miles to an existing or new return.
Using the Premium Calculator:
- The “Summary” tab is your your summary of total miles, fuel, and trips for this return so far
- Click the “Add miles” or the “Add Fuel” tabs to enter new miles or gallons
- You MUST associate all miles or gallons with a “trip” so you will need to “Add New Trip” or select an existing trip while entering fuel or mileage. If you have a multi-truck account, you will also choose which truck you are entering when you make a new trip.
- Select the jurisdiction and add the taxable and non-taxable mileage or fuel gallons for that jurisdiction and then save by either pressing the “Enter” key on your keyboard, or by clicking the “Save” button
- REPEAT step 4 for all of the jurisdictions in which your truck or fleet drove and bought fuel
- If you are filing late, check the “Filing Late” box at the bottom of your return. Today’s date will go in the box. But you can choose whatever date you like and click “Recalculate” to see what the penalty will be based on the date you will file.
- Click the “Final Report” button at the bottom of the page to view your work at any time
- With the “Final Report” screen open, you can then PRINT or EMAIL your report
- When you have completed all entries, you can use the final data to enter into your jurisdiction IFTA tax form in the appropriate columns. You can also enter it into your state’s web site IFTA payment form (if applicable.)
Uploading Miles and/or Fuel from your supported device or provider*:
- Save your Miles and/or Fuel data as a .CSV format file to your hard drive
- Go to your Switchboard page and click the “Upload Tab”
- Select the appropriate data provider, the Quarter, and the Truck.
- Click “Select Files” and select one or more files that you saved in Step 1
- Click “Upload Files” and this site will automatically enter your data into a new or existing return for the Quarter and Truck you selected in Step 3.
* IftaBoss.com currently supports bulk uploading of Miles, Fuel, or Both from Rand McNally GPS TND520, 530, 720, 730, and 760. We also support importing the miles and fuel files as saved from a Profit Tools or MYSTC account, or from EFS fuel cards, our GPS truck tracker unit, or our state mileage calculator program.
Other Tips and Tricks:
To clear and delete all data for this return, click on “Start Over” at the bottom. BUT BEWARE that any numbers you have entered for that Quarter will be lost if you start over. This will not erase any data from other quarters – only the one in which you clicked “Start Over.”
- TIP: Your total tax due is always updated at the top-right as you perform each entry.
- TIP: NOTE that your truck or fleet MPG is always shown on the page and in the final report. If the MPG is not logically matching what you believe that your truck or fleet average should be, then you have likely forgotten to put in all of your entries for miles/kilometers or all of your fuel purchases!
- NOTE: this site does not file the return with your state or calculate city-to-city mileage for you at this time.