A “split” is when a particular jurisdiction changes their rate part way through the same quarter. For example:
- Washington State changed their rate for the 4th Quarter of 2015 such that you need to pay one rate for miles driven in July of 2015, and a different rate for miles driven in August and September of that same quarter.
- Iowa did a similar split in the 1st quarter of 2015.
- Newfoundland did a split rate in the 2nd quarter of 2016.
- New Jersey did a split rate in the 4th quarter of 2016.
- Please ensure that you choose the correct jurisdiction when using this site in these cases. You choose the jurisdiction based upon WHEN the truck drove those miles that you are entering at that time.